The 5th and final test between England & India started today. English Captain Ben Stokes won the toss and chose to ball first and his decision was proven right on Gill was dismissed when team’s score was 27. Few overs later, Pujara gave his wicket to James Anderson on the score of 13 and Vihari followed him after scoring 20 runs.
Virat kohli was looking in a good touch but he couldn’t last longer and got bowled on Potts’ delivery and India lost 3 wickets on 64 runs, then comes Rishabh Pant. Both Rishabh Pant & Ravindra Jadeja started making partnership and recusing India. Rishabh Pant completed his half century in 51 balls.
These are the records made by Rishabh Pant on 1st day of the 5th test.
- Pant and Jadeja made the highest ever partnership for 6th wicket against England in test cricket. Jadeja & Pant added 222 runs for the 6th wicket and broke previous record of 204 runs made by Rahul and Pant in Oval, 2018.
- Rishabh Pant smashed fastest hundred for a wicket-keeper batsman in test. He smashed century in just 89 balls and broken previous record set by MS Dhoni who scored 93-ball-century against Pakistan in 2005/06.
- Rishabh Pant scored the second fastest test century in England (89 balls). The record for fastest century in England is hold by Mohammad Azharuddin who achieved this feat in 87 balls in 1990, Lord’s.
- Rishabh Pant became only the third Indian batsman to score century in Edgbaston. The first two Indian batsmen to score centuries in Edgbaston are Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
- Rishabh Pant became the youngest Indian batsman to score 100 sixes in Test Cricket. He achieved this feat in just 24 years of age. He also competed his 48th test sixes in just 52 innings.
Rishabh Pant departed after scoring outstanding 146 runs in just 111 deliveries with the help of 20 fours & 4 sixes. Ravindra Jadeja is currently batting on the score of 83 and India has made 338 runs at the end of day 1 with the loss of 7 wickets.